Hello all.. I know it's been a while since I've posted.. what a crazy week this has been (and continues to be) :)
Our BIG News this week is Leah is working on being POTTY TRAINED! I took my friend Anna's advice on Monday, and dressed Leah is a Tshirt and NO diaper. (Just naked!) She immediately noticed the difference, and went potty right away in her potty chair! Had a few accidents on Monday, but nothing huge. Tuesday, and Wed. went WELL! She had no accidents, and went potty on the chair all day! (Every hour or so) I am sooooo proud of her! What a big girl! She gets potty treats when she goes (Suckers) so that is a good incentive. She wears Pull Ups at Naptime and Diapers at night. But Tues and Wed. I noticed her Pull Ups were dry! Wow! ;) I am just sooo excited to have her potty-trained!
My week has been crazily busy with BEANS... our garden beans came in ferociously, and I have been trying desperately to keep up picking! We planted 2 huge rows, and I am thinking I should have just planted one! Out of 4 feet of row I got 2 HUGE bowls full (about 14 qts worth) and I still had 3/4 of the row left! I used my canner for the first time on Tuesday, and it was an experience! I was scared beyond belief it would explode or something.. (lol) but it went perfect and they turned out great! The second time around it was much easier as I was familiar with it. I went out early this morning to pick my second row of beans (and this is only the first picking!) and am working on snapping, washing, and canning them today! It is quite a job! However it has been pretty good so far, just making sure I keep at it is the trick! :) So far, I have done 19 quarts! Wow! The fun part is mixing potty-training with having to can beans.. we just have the potty chair in the kitchen.. works great!
On another note, my friend Tammy and I went and saw "Mamma Mia" Tuesday night, and it was such a great movie! A couple adult humor spots, but all in all it was a fun movie! I loved the songs, and DID feel like dancing along! I had to bring Bekah, but she was great, and loved to see the "big screen". Tammy is 37 weeks pregnant with her baby girl, so it was a fun Mom/Daughter night out! :) I highly recommend the movie.
Well, I am off to keep busy with my chores! Wishing you all a great week, will be posting again soon.
Our BIG News this week is Leah is working on being POTTY TRAINED! I took my friend Anna's advice on Monday, and dressed Leah is a Tshirt and NO diaper. (Just naked!) She immediately noticed the difference, and went potty right away in her potty chair! Had a few accidents on Monday, but nothing huge. Tuesday, and Wed. went WELL! She had no accidents, and went potty on the chair all day! (Every hour or so) I am sooooo proud of her! What a big girl! She gets potty treats when she goes (Suckers) so that is a good incentive. She wears Pull Ups at Naptime and Diapers at night. But Tues and Wed. I noticed her Pull Ups were dry! Wow! ;) I am just sooo excited to have her potty-trained!
My week has been crazily busy with BEANS... our garden beans came in ferociously, and I have been trying desperately to keep up picking! We planted 2 huge rows, and I am thinking I should have just planted one! Out of 4 feet of row I got 2 HUGE bowls full (about 14 qts worth) and I still had 3/4 of the row left! I used my canner for the first time on Tuesday, and it was an experience! I was scared beyond belief it would explode or something.. (lol) but it went perfect and they turned out great! The second time around it was much easier as I was familiar with it. I went out early this morning to pick my second row of beans (and this is only the first picking!) and am working on snapping, washing, and canning them today! It is quite a job! However it has been pretty good so far, just making sure I keep at it is the trick! :) So far, I have done 19 quarts! Wow! The fun part is mixing potty-training with having to can beans.. we just have the potty chair in the kitchen.. works great!
On another note, my friend Tammy and I went and saw "Mamma Mia" Tuesday night, and it was such a great movie! A couple adult humor spots, but all in all it was a fun movie! I loved the songs, and DID feel like dancing along! I had to bring Bekah, but she was great, and loved to see the "big screen". Tammy is 37 weeks pregnant with her baby girl, so it was a fun Mom/Daughter night out! :) I highly recommend the movie.
Well, I am off to keep busy with my chores! Wishing you all a great week, will be posting again soon.
1 comment:
Congrats on her successful training! Now you can save a bundle on diapers!
Good for you to get so many beans put up! I wish the gardens out here produced like in MN. If I was closer I'd kill time by helping you snap and can.
Now that you and Kristin have both recommended Mama Mia, I am dying to see it for a good laugh! I wonder if it will ever come to our little town. Maybe in a month!
Post a Comment