Today I want to share with you my secret homemade Sweet Iced Tea recipe! We used to buy the Nestea Instant Iced Tea but once I tried making it homemade, I will never drink that instant stuff again! It is very easy, and SOOOO good! Enjoy!
Laura's Secret Recipe Sweet Iced Tea
(makes 1 Gallon)
6 Tea Bags (any Black-based tea)
4 Cups boiling water
¼ tsp Baking Soda
1 ½ Cups Sugar (can be less to taste)
12 Cups cold water
mint leaves for garnish (if desired)
Place tea bags and boiling water in bowl. Add baking soda. Cover, let steep for 10 minutes. Take tea bags out, do NOT squeeze. Discard bags. Add sugar and tea into gallon pitcher. Stir until dissolved. Add cold water, stirring well. Refrigerate until cold. Serve on top of ice with mint sprigs, if desired!
3 comments:
What does the baking soda do? It just seems like an odd ingredient for iced tea :)
I think it makes it more like a "gatorade" type drink instead of just iced tea. Really good, but with more sodium than regular.
Fun recipe! It looks tasty!!
haha.. good guess Jessica! Actually the baking soda cuts down on the sharp, bitter taste some black teas can get. :)
Post a Comment