I just finished making and canning 12 pints of Strawberry Jam, 4 pints of Strawberry Jelly and 15 pints of Triple Berry Jam (Blueberry, Raspberry and Strawberry) which is all my jams/jellies for the year! They all turned out lovely, and it's very nice to have that done!
Then, this week I find my garden is beginning to be ready to harvest! Starting with the arrival of my Snow Peas!! I have been picking & freezing all week! So far I have 16 quart bags frozen, just from 3 pickings! Wednesday night I made the YUMMIEST stir-fry with them.. I could have eaten the whole pan! What a treat these peas are!
Next to harvest should be my green beans.. and that will be a challenge! Trying out my pressure cooker for the first time! :) Any advice? :)
My yummy dinner, Chicken Pea Pod with Cajun Rice.
2 comments:
I just canned beans yesterday and I'd never used a pressure cooker before. It was surprising VERY easy!! Don't be scared like I was. There's a safety valve so it can't blow! :)
I'd love the recipe, that looks great!
Post a Comment