Doesn't this picture look so inviting? I just want to jump right in.. I have always wanted to go vacation at a beach state! Which brings me to my latest post and newest challenge.. I am deeming it my "Operation Florida"!
To make a long story short, we have a opportunity to go to Florida with some of Josh's relatives this October for very inexpensive (compared to the retail price of it all) due to special family discounts! Yet, Josh still figured, it would cost us around $1200 (with his missed pay from a week of work included) to go and stay in FL for a week on vacation.
That lead him to say "No" about the trip, especially since we are buying our house soon.. he didn't want to strap us financially. (He is so wise) Yet, as he told me "No", he looked at me and said "Unless.." My heart leaped.. Then he issued me the challenge! "If YOU can get $1200 before Oct. then I have no doubt we can go!" I smiled mischeiviously at him.. "Game On!" I said. Rules! - I have to come up with the $ myself.. no sneaking it out of his income!
I am very excited, for a FL trip would be heavenly!!! So, I continue to go-ahead with our planning as if we were going! I just need to figure out creative ways to save/earn some $ ( I already have $120 saved for Operation Florida!!! )
Which brings me to you.. aside from taking up a part -time job, which I can't do.. (unless it's cleaning cabins!) What advice do you have to earn some money?
I am blogging about this to keep me motivated, and get a chance to update my progress so I can see it progress... I am a visual saver! ;) Plus, a challenge is always fun.. even though this one is a bit steep! I think I can pull it off! :) So.. share lots of advice in the comment section! I will need it!

2 comments:
I had this huge comment written and something happened and it erased! Ahhh!
There are lots of ideas for earning money. I know you can do it! Sounds like a fun trip and I hope you get to go. Here are my ideas:
Yard sale (well-advertised, well-marked, fair prices)
Sell your jellies to friends and family. Possibly baked goods too.
Babysit for children one or two days a week or let your friends know that you will be doing a Kid's Babysitting thing every Saturday from 8-noon in the park (or at your house or somewhere else) where they can drop their kids and then go run errands while you keep an eye on them for $5 or $10 per time. You could do this on Friday nights too.
I've gotten $10 an hour to clean for my folk's and the going rate is at least that if not more. Let people know you have a few hours a week available to do some cleaning (when Josh can watch the girls).
See if Josh will let you save a little additional from the household budget if you agree to deprive yourself (but not him). Don't eat out for a few months, don't rent movies (borrow instead), and don't buy any clothes, craft supplies, or go yard sale-ing and see if Josh will let you take the savings for the trip.
I'm so excited for you, I really hope you get the money you need so you can go on this trip. I love to travel! If you have delicious corn on the cob in your garden and you want to sell some, let me know how much:) I just haven't had any good corn on the cob this summer and its such a bummer!
Post a Comment