I love this picture.. (This is how she often sleeps!) Life as a baby is so great! Well, until you have to get shots, that is.. :(
Yesterday was Bekah's 4 month checkup and her first dose of shots. After debating back and forth about whether or not to immunize, we decided to go ahead and do all the same shots Leah received. What a sad day it was for Bekah! She had loved her Doctor's apt. and was smiling, giggling even, right until they poked her with the needles. Then she howled unconsolably for 10 minutes! Thankfully, I left Leah at home with my mom, so I could fully concentrate on conforting Bekah. And she was just fine that night, after her first dose of infant Tylenol. (Today too) I will never take my happy girl for granted again! :)
Her new measurements are definitely "catching her up" to her age level. :) As Leah says, Bekah is a "chunky monkey"! She weighed in at 14 lbs 2 oz and measured at 25" long! (46 and 59%)
Leah continues to be a handful.. and is really chattering non-stop and learning at least 2 new words a day! Her life consists of waiting every spare minute to "Go to Beach" or "Shopping" or "Church.. Town!" she says. :) she loves going places with Mommy! (And she is a great little helper) We bought her a pool this past week and she LOVES swimming in it, but it's been a little rainy here lately so we haven't used it much yet. I hope to work on learning how to swim with her, later this summer! She has been learning her colors (Everything is "Green!") and is learning some not-so-choice phrases.. Josh and I overheard her yell at the barking dogs "Shut Up you dummies!" Needless to say, we tried hard not to laugh or overcorrect! (It was hard.. on the laughing especially!)
Life for me is going very well. Operation Florida is on the top of my mind right now, but is being pushed aside constantly with all there is to do around here! Isaac and I went strawberry-picking 2 weeks ago, and I made a big batch of jam and sauce, and will be making more as time goes on! Our garden is doing AMAZINGLY well (Best garden I've had in a long time) and I expect a HUGE crop of vegetables! That will be great for canning! Sure will keep me busy! My strawberry beds turned out lovely, and I even got a few berries from the new plants! I have really enjoyed my fresh herbs also.. what a treat! I'm really looking forward to my dried chamomile flowers for tea in the winter! We've really been working on fixing up the yard around our house.. and it is beautiful so far! (I promise I will get pictures soon!) Josh and I have just loved to get to work on "our house" :)
Hope all of your summers are going great, ours will continue to, I'm sure!
2 comments:
glad to have made your day! i think i'll just take one jar of each. i work tomorrow night, so i will leave an envelope with $ in it for you on jody's desk, and whenever you come in someone can take the jars and give you the $. let me know if that works. or you can call me - 368-5949
Laura-
Your blog makes me tired just reading it! You have so much going and you are so young and yet a mother of two and you really seem to have the proverbs 31 bit down. Good for you! You might be younger than me, but I might just call on you to mentor me:) We don't have a good spot for a garden at our house, but I might consider one at my grandmas for next year, I'd sure like to have fresh vegetables and not have to pay for them! :)
Post a Comment