Tuesday, April 1, 2008

YES! We're HOME!!!!!

I am sooooooo thrilled to be writing from my HOME!!!
All day today I couldn't believe I was actually bringing my baby home (to stay!)
Monday night's Rooming In went great. Didn;t get much sleep, but who does the first night with a baby? :) It was (and still will be) a big adjustment to get up and feed Bekah every 3-4 hours, but she has her cues to tell me when she is ready to eat (or not) It's so amazingly wonderful to hold her and enjoy her without all the monitors, cords and wires!!! Plus, just to be a family again!
Her last doctor's assessment was great, and we have everything needed and in order for her feedings, etc. It's a bit more prep work than breastfeeding, (bottlefeeding) but so far it's working out nice, as Josh can help feed Bekah (which he loves doing) and I can have some time to play with Leah, or if I'm lucky, get stuff done around the house! Its just to great to be home!
Leah is adoring her new baby sister, "baby Bekah" and LOVES to watch me feed her, change her, hold her, really anything! She is over-loving sometimes.. sharing her gigantic stuffed animals, etc.. but it is just too precious to pass up!!! I'm so excited for her. So far no jealousy at all. :) Great!
I will try and post pictures soon, as I have a TON ready to go, now that I have access to a private computer. Josh is taking off this week, to spend time with his girls and get me settled in a bit more, so I'm not sure when I will blog again, but thanks so much for all your prayers, and I will keep updating!!! :)

2 comments:

All in a Day said...

Hooray!

Lyndi said...

we're so glad to hear you are all home. we will be anxious to see the new little one once she gets the ok:)