Life at our Helweg House is going great!
Bekah turns 7 weeks old next Tuesday, and is growing like a weed!! At her Dr Apt. this week, she weighed in at 7 lbs 14 oz!!! What a big girl!! She is now nursing 99% of the time, with an occasional formula bottle, as her hunger peaks. But usually she can go a couple days without one! She is a great nurser, and I now have no trouble keeping up to her milk demand! :) Also, as a older infant now, she is awake a lot more during the day, which coincendentally coincides with Leah's naptime, making me usually unable to get a nap, as the girls are never asleep at the same time anymore! But it's so fun to see her awake and more responsive! She is a happy and loving baby! She LOVES to be held, and often demands it when it is almost impossible to hold her! (But I have been loving my Baby Sling, for this purpose!) She is doing really well, and we are so glad her health/growth continues to go up!
Leah is doing great too, and is constantly chattering! Last night we had meatballs/gravy for dinner, and Leah started out saying "Mee-balls" but by the end of dinner, was calling them "Eye-balls" :) We all got a huge kick out of that! She picks up a bunch of new words a day, and it is truly amazing where she learns some!! Some of her new words are "Booger" (No one taught her that one! lol) "I dunno Know" "Oh Man.." "Yeah baby" "Ni-Night" and a bunch of other funnies I can't think of! She has been a bunch of energy.. constantly requiring supervision and very often challenging authority. (Typical 2 year old) Her new challenge has been to "shush" people, including Mom (me) when I tell her to do something, like pick up her toys. We have been working on that one.. not too fun! She continues to love on Bekah, and we have no jealousy conflicts!! (as of yet!) Great news!
Josh and I are busy getting things set up for our house purchase in the spring. I have been busy getting a list made of summer projects to be done, garden work to accomplish, and things to organize! I have been loving getting to go outside, and plan our orchard/garden area.. invisioning it in many years fruitful and plentiful!! I have strawberries, asparagus, rapsberries and blueberries all going in there this year! :) Josh has been busy plotting out our new garage plans, finishing the deck on our house, and all my yard projects for me!! :) He loves to keep busy, and with this new house we have plenty to do!! It's great to see it all start to come together! ( My mom and dad have been busy with their new house plans too!)
Here are some new pictures.. as it's been a while since I've posted any!
Rebekah Grace.. 6 1/2 weeks old.. with a total "Joshy" smile!!
2 comments:
she's so cute and tiny! How long until you guys will be out with her:) I can't wait to see her
so i looked at the pics, then read the blog:) the talk of raspberries and other summer goodies really has me itching for summer-or even spring! this snow needs to go! :)
Post a Comment