Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Update on Rebekah..

Its hard to believe I have already been back home for over 1 week! It feels so great to be back into a routine.. a much busier one I might add!
_________________________________________
Today was Rebekah's 1 Month (and first) apt. with Dr Human at the Clinic.
She was weighed and measured and is a whopping 6 lbs 13 oz and 19 1/2 inches long!!! (Considering on Monday she weighed 6lbs 8 oz, this is great news on weight gain!) Dr Human was entralled at how well she is doing, and how healthy she looks!!
_________________________________________
There was good news all around, especially as she said her weight gain is so well I can begin making the transition from bottle to breast .. fully! I love the idea of not having to pump milk anymore, as this is rather time-consuming, plus mixing up her fortifier in bottles.. it;s just a lot more work than breastfeeding alone! Rebekah does very well at breastfeeding, usually 5-10 minutes on each side, and is a very good eater! I'm very excited to get the "go ahead" from Dr Human! Plus, from pumping I have a very rich supply of frozen milk stored up in my freezer.. great for date nights, weddings, and occasional nights out! :) Big blessing!
_________________________________________
Leah is soooo happy to have her mommy home, plus her "Baby." After waking up every morning, she asks first for mommy, then baby! It's so sweet to see her interest in Bekah! She often "Over-smothers" her with love (ie: "sharing" stuffed toys in her crib, "rocking" her car seat, and of course "helping" feed her bottle.) All of this is just so precious to watch though, at least her intentions are good! :)
_________________________________________
I have been healing very well.. 4 weeks after delivery and doing great! I can't wait until 6 weeks after to begin my exersize regime again.. I am determined to loose these post-baby pounds this time around! Plus with Audrey's wedding in June, I'd love to be fit by then! (to look good in my dress!) :) It's nice to be able to cook, clean and care for my house again! I love how it makes you feel like you've accomplished something ( a great feeling).. I missed that feeling in Fargo!
_________________________________________
Hope you all are well and doing great... even with all this crazy snow we just had! What a week huh? (For those who don't know we just got dumped with over 27 inches of snow this weekend!) Leah loves to play in it, and I just hope it melts fast, as I was already garden planning! :)
Have a great day!

No comments: