Monday, April 21, 2008

What a weekend!

Thank the Lord for weekends!!!!
_______________________________________________
My nursing is finally going as it should!!! I am so thrilled beyond words.. :)
Friday was such a stressful day with pumping going poorly, and having to resort to supplementing Bekah, no sleep and feeling like a failure, I was a emotional wreck!!! After dinner, I got to relax and watch some "LOST" episdoes with my Dad, Josh and Isaac (We're re-watching season 1.. very addicting show!) and then Bekah nursed and went to sleep. It was so nice to have a relaxing couple of hours at least!!! Plus having Josh around for support and help!
_______________________________________________
Then, I decided not to pump anymore, for seeing the small amounts of milk I got every time was worsening my emotional state.. so instead, I just nursed Bekah every 2 or so hours. She LOVED it, and took to it right away.. and I loved it because I felt much better and happier, too!
I did end up having (and still do) to supplement her with half formula/half breastmilk bottles, as she is still going through her 6 week growth spurt. I try and nurse her all I can, yet sometimes she just needs that extra "burst", which I have gotten OK with now.
_______________________________________________
So, in conclusion, Bekah now nurses exclusively with the excpetion of 2 or 3 bottles a day (as she dictates) It is a HUGE step forward! WOW! I am so thankful to you all for your advice and prayers! It has been a uphill battle I am continuing, but have almost conquered! Praise God for his goodness! :)

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Yea! That's good news!

All in a Day said...

Praise the Lord! That's so good. Just keep in mind that the more she nurses, the more you'll produce. And you're NOT a failure.

Susan said...

I have to agree with Shelly..you certainly are not a failure! In fact you have done awesomely well with a challenging preemie! I am realieved & also praising God for the improvement. I love the new pictures of Leah holding Bekah. :-)Love you!