Friday, March 14, 2008

Amazing News!!!!!

It's a Girl!!!!!!

Rebekah Grace Helweg
Born 7 1/2 weeks pre-mature on
March 11, 2008
Weight: 5 lbs, 7 oz
Measuring: 18 1/2 inches and 12 cm head circ.
Born VBAC (Praise God!) and able to breathe on her own immediately after delivery, showing amazing lung strength! Screamed and fussed like any other term baby! Just a beautiful little baby girl! I got to hold her for a few moment after delivery, and what a special moment that was! Then she was prepped to go to Fargo NICU, where Josh and I joined her that night.
(All prepped for the Helicopter ride)
(Leah and Dad with new "baby Bekah")
(Saying Goodbye for a few hours!)
As of today, Rebekah is breathing entirely on her own, NO ventilator!!! She is taking small amounts of breastmilk I am pumping, and is doing so amazingly perfect it's hard to believe she is only 4 days old!!! She has a bit of jaundice (very normal) and is recieving phototherapy for that. Otherwise her progress is remarkable! I am daily astonished at how strong she is, and continues to be!
I will be using this blog as my update page for Rebekah, so PLEASE check constantly for updates, as she is doing so well, there are many to give! :)
Thank you for all your prayers and love! We can feel them coming from all over and they help keep us going each day! Thank you!
I will also try and get more pictures posted as I figure out how. :)

12 comments:

Rebecca said...

Congratulations Laura! I am so glad to hear that Rebekah is doing well. I will continue to keep her and the rest of your family in my prayers! I am so glad she is breathing on her own!!

Lyndi said...

Congratulations, I'm so glad you are blogging (though amazed you already have:) ) I will be praying for you guys. I am so glad she is doing so well. Shelby told me you'd had your baby and I was so shocked, as I'm sure you were. Praise the Lord that her lungs are so strong and that everything is going well. We'll have to talk later aboug which method of delivery is better:) Keep us posted

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

Congratulations Laura on your little one! We are happy that she is doing so well! We will continue to pray for you all!

All in a Day said...

Congratulations, Josh and Laura (and Leah.) Rebekah is very pretty.

Laura said...

Congratulations!!! I'm sure Leah will love being a big sister. :) Hope everything continues to go well....
~laura j.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! How exciting and surprising! Glad to hear she's doing well...and you are too, from the sound of things.
Jenny Lynn

Chris, Tasha, Dawson & Lainey said...

Congrats, and PRAISE GOD!! I called your mom yesterday to hear how you all were doing and I am so amazed at how well things are going! I know what the pumping icky feedings are like, but keep your spirits up, she sounds like one strong little girl!! We have kept you in our prayers, and look forward to the updates! GOD BLESS!

Anonymous said...

I am praising God with you in the way He is taking such great care of you all. A big Congratulations and many continued prayers from us. Rebekah is so beautiful! (my sister fowarded one of the latest photos) ~Krista

Karen said...

Glad to hear that all is going well! I am praying for you, and can't wait to see you all when you get back!

Hopey said...

CONGRATULATIONS Josh and Laura (and of course Leah too)! I'm praying for you guys. I am so thankful to hear everything is going well in Fargo. Praise the LORD! Susan has been keeping me updated as well. You guys take care. And Laura get the rest you need. :)
Love and prayers, Hope

LS said...

Laura,

When I got the "urgent prayer request for Rebekah Grace Helweg" I thought it was a request for one of your sis-in-laws! Boy was I shocked that you already had your baby, shocked that she was a girl, and shocked that I just read you had a VBAC! What a blessing that you were given another lovely daughter and no C-section this time! I'm so glad she breathed right away and is doing so well and that you all are being taken care of. You have been in my prayers and will continue to be in our prayers. I'm a little confused as to why they have her in Fargo if she breathed right away and why she is in an incubator. Is that because she was so early? I'd love to hear on your blog how it came about that you had her. Did you just go into labor all of a sudden?
She's a beautiful little daughter and has a wonderful name. Can't wait to see more pics on this blog!!!

Amy said...

Congrats!!!! What a beautiful little miracle girl! So excited for you! We'll be praying that all continues to go well!!!