Friday, March 28, 2008

Nightime messes everything up! (Day 17)

Well, this morning it finally dawned on me why her feedings have slowed in the last couple of days. It's because her night feedings have picked up!
__________________________________________
Did I loose some of you? Let me explain...
She has been so used to sleeping all night, with no interruptions, that once she started waking up and eating every 3 hours, it messed up her sleep schedule and made her more sleepy during the day, hence the half-feedings!
So, all we need to do know is wait til her little body is all caught up with itself and into a routine, before we can really expect her feedings to get better! She is taking all of them by bottle, (YES!) yet usually only half (or more) of the 50mls each time. But I know she'll pick up once her little body gets used to waking up and eating every 3 hours. As the nurses say here "It's a lot of work.. sleeping and eating, and I'm just a little peanut!" So cute! :)
__________________________________________
Her weight this morning was 6 lbs!!! I was soooo excited.. as that is a 2 oz gain every day! it's great to see her using these feedings to put on weight. :) I'm hoping (my ideal) is she won't have to come home on a lot of the fortifer. (Right now she's still at 24 cals) It would be a big blessing, although as I understand my WIC vouchers would cover the fortifier! Yay!
__________________________________________
Tonight Joshy comes to stay for the weekend, and I am very excited! :) I will be blogging more after the weekend, and hope you all have a great rest of your week! I know I will!

No comments: