I just borrowed the soundtrack to a movie I saw a few months ago, Mamma Mia! and this was a song I loved and immediately took to heart! Anyone with girls (or sons) can identify how fast they grow and change... then eventually leave. I love this simple reminder to enjoy every minute of being a mom.. even with toddlers!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Schoolbag in hand she leaves home in the early morning
Waving goodbye with an absent-minded smile
Sleep in our eyes, her and me at the breakfast table
Barely awake, I let precious time go by
Sometimes I wish I could freeze the picture
and save it from the funny tricks of time
Slipping through my fingers all the time
I try to capture every minute
the feeling in it
Slipping through my fingers all the time
Do I really see whats in her mind?
Each time I think I'm close to knowing she keeps on growing
Slipping through my fingers all the time
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Schoolbag in hand she leaves home in the early morning
Waving goodbye with an absent-minded smile
Sleep in our eyes, her and me at the breakfast table
Barely awake, I let precious time go by
Sometimes I wish I could freeze the picture
and save it from the funny tricks of time
Slipping through my fingers all the time
I try to capture every minute
the feeling in it
Slipping through my fingers all the time
Do I really see whats in her mind?
Each time I think I'm close to knowing she keeps on growing
Slipping through my fingers all the time
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
from the song "Slipping through my fingers" from the movie, Mamma Mia!
No comments:
Post a Comment