Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Surprise Anniversary Trip!

Josh is such a sweetheart!
Yesterday was our 2nd Wedding Anniversary, and to celebrate he planned a surprise trip to Duluth, MN where we honeymooned only two years ago...

I was so surprised and excited to see everything again, and also to experience them with Leah!
We left early in the AM, and got to Duluth in time to have lunch at the Miller Hill Mall.
Then, we took Leah to the Great Lakes Aquarium! She just loved looking at the fish in the big tanks, and thought it was great fun to play with the activities they had there. (A Model of the great lakes she really liked, because she got to play with a toy boat in the water!)
Then, we went to the Superior Zoo, which was great fun!
The weather was incredible for this time of year, and because the zoo is outside, it was a really nice present! Leah loved the Cougars especially, I think because they reminded her of kitties! Plus, she loved that she could get right up close to the glass, and they were only inches away!
Then, we went down to Canal Park, and got to see our hotel that we stayed in for our honeymoon. Leah liked to watch the seagulls go overhead!
We topped off our evening with dinner at Red Lobster, which Leah thought was ok, but we of course LOVED it! It was such a nice treat!
It was such a great trip, really a celebration for all of us! But I think Josh and I had more fun watching Leah experiencing new things! It was great!
Here's some pics of our trip!

Josh and Leah look at the huge fishies!

In the Beaver House!

Don't you just love the little smile?

Leah lovin' the tigers!

This is how Leah enjoyed most of the trip... in her new stroller!

Josh watching the HUGE Kodiak Bear in the water!

2 comments:

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

It sounds like you had a lot of fun! I love visiting Duluth! Isn't it amazing how fast time flies? It doesn't seem like 2 years can possibly have passed!

Congrat's on 2 years!

Karen said...

Looks like it was alot of fun! I'm sure getting out helped with the cabin fever that I'm sure everyone in Minnesota is getting right about now!

Happy Anniversary!