We were able to enjoy a cooking demo from Sue Doeden, Bemidji Pioneer chef. (she's in the paper every week) She gave us lots of fun ideas to "spruce up our menus!" It was so neat to watch her create these amazingly good (and easy) dishes!
(But this is me you're talking to, I would watch food network 24/7 if I could!)
I got a lot of neat tips on kitchen prep, too! For instance, if you put cilantro in a pint size jar full of water, then put a sandwich bag over the top, it will last for 2x as long in the fridge? Cool tip! We also did a very fun craft (magnetic picture frame). It was a great evening!
But the best part was at the end, though! We had prize drawings and my name was called! I won a batch of "Mexican Muffin-Tin Meatloaves" we had made that night at the cooking demo. They are sooooo good and so easy!
I thought I would put the recipe here so all of you can enjoy it too!
Mexican Muffin-Tin Meatloaves
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1/2 Cup mild chunky salsa
2tsp Chilli Powder
1 1/2 tsp Cumin
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 Cup Oats (quick or old-fashioned)
1/4 Cup chopped fresh cilantro
Preheat oven to 400. In large bowl combine all ingredients, mixing well.
Press about 1/3 Cup of meat mixture into each of the 12 medium muffin cups.
Bake 15-20 minutes or until centers are no longer pink.
Serve warm with salsa and cheese on top.
(meatloaves can be frozen for future use! Before baking, line each muffin cup with plastic wrap, (large enough to wrap around the muffin-loaf) then pack mixture into cups and wrap with plastic wrap. Stick tray in the freezer until all the cups are frozen. Remove from muffin tray and place in freezer bag. Then, thaw and bake at your convienience!)
The next MOPS meeting will be April 26 from 6-8 pm at the First Lutheran Church.
Write it on your calendars! It'd be great to see you all there!
No comments:
Post a Comment