Saturday, March 17, 2007

Spring is Coming... right?

I recieved a beautiful gift of daffodils from a friend of mine this week, and looking at them makes me wish and long for spring.

That makes me think of "The Secret Garden" by Frances Hodgson Burnett. Orphan Mary Lennox, tending her own secret garden says to her friend Dicken,

"See? Behind the ivy, there's a doorway. Come on, it's my secret garden and I'm the only one in the world who wants it to be alive."


Doesn't that sound just like our Jesus?

He found us, in the dry soil of our lives, waiting for his living water. He purchased the key to that garden with his death on the cross. Then, he waters us, he enriches the soil of our lives with his truth and plants seeds of love in our hearts, that with his help and care blossom and grow into a beautiful, frutiful garden!
Wow! Spring really is the season of rebirth and growth!

I look forward every day to the new season here in MN, but I pray I may also see it as as opportunity to experience a new season with Christ, here and now!


Special spring blessings to you all!






1 comment:

lollyjane said...

Okay Laura......I got a username JUST so I can comment on your posts, so feel special! ;)

I love the daffodils and am very anxious for SPRING. Thanks for linking to my xanga site!