Thursday, March 22, 2007

Birthday Dresses


I decided to make her a couple summer dresses for her birthday present this year!
Also, I've just been itching to start sewing clothes for her! The dresses were so
easy to make and very cute! I love the new pattern I used... it's the Twirly Dress from Sew Baby Patterns. I love the fact that you can use a T-Shirt for the bodice, if you like! (blue dress) It's way easier and actually cheaper! But, making the bodice was easy too. (pink dress) It took me about an hour a dress to sew them. Very nice for busy moms! :)

Yet, they're a little big, but by summer she'll be walking and running and able to move better in them! I think i'll make little bloomers for her to go underneath, for modesty sake, too!
So fun to get sewing again!
Here's a sneak peek at her cute birthday presents.



3 comments:

lollyjane said...

What a little lady! I can't believe she's a year old already. . . fun, fun.

Amy said...

Hi Laura! This is Jessica's sister-in-law Amy. I just wanted to say hi and that I think that your dresses are just beautiful! I wish that I could sew! I'm having lots of fun putting Liana in dresses, even though I can't make them. I'd love to learn someday. What an awesome talent! P.S. Happy birthday to Leah!

LS said...

Amazing Laura! I'm going to have to check out that link for the patterns! I love having a little girl since it's fun to make frilly things and dress them up. You did a beautiful job on the dresses and she looks so cute! I cannot believe she is already one year old already in a few days! Wow! Congrats on the weaning! After a full year, one is definitely ready for some freedom. But it's sad to lose that special connection too and see them growing up!