Saturday, March 24, 2007

Embarrassing Mom Moment!

I just finished taking a LONG walk with Leah in her stroller.. (It's such a lovely day outside!)

I had been baking cupcakes all day for her b-day party tomorrow and some of the batter had spilled on my oversize T-shirt and skirt that wasn't exactly flattering. ( Hey, they were comfy, and It's a saturday!) I brought along my portable CD player, and the only headphones I could find were the ones I used when I was a teenager. You know the ones, the big and round, cover-your-ears, ugly headphones. I figured, well, it's better than nothing. So off I went. It was so nice, walking outside after a long winter, plus listening to my favorite tunes to keep me moving.. :)
Then, a car comes along... not a big deal. I just keep moving and stay on the side. Well, the couple driving was an older couple, and they slowed waaaaay down... so slow in fact, I saw my reflection in their van as I passed by. I looked so CRAZY! Like one of "those moms". You know, the moms with no style, their hair going everywhere, their big outdated headphones telling everyone that passed by, "Hi, I'm trying to be cool, but it's not my fault this headphone style died in the 80s!"
I laughed so hard at myself when the car had passed. I realized, I just didn't care what people thought. I knew I had style, (come on, I put together my rockin' outfit today right?) and I knew I was loved for who I am... who I really am. ;)

It was a great day altogether, yet I still laugh at the image of me... a "crazy mom." I'm glad I have a sense of humor, otherwise, I'd be reeeeally embarrassed!

Now, your turn, fellow moms. Fess up! Anyone else have a "funny mom" moment?
Please tell!

2 comments:

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

That is so funny! I would do the same thing!

LS said...

The two moments that stand out the most involved nursing. When you nurse constantly all day long, you just forget sometimes not to do certain things in public. One time when Ali was a baby I walked out of my apartment building with my nursing bra unhooked and my shirt half up. Thankfully no one saw! Another time I was at the grocery store making a very quick run (a few weeks ago) and while writing my check looked down and realized I had only snapped half of my shirt buttons up. Thankfully nothing was showing but I sure looked sloppy and like one of those moms who has no time for her appearance! It's also quite embarrassing when your baby jerks the blanket off when you're nursing in public!