It's Book Review time! I got so far behind, I have two to post today, so enjoy! :)
A Matter of Heart
By Tracie Peterson
What drew me to this book were the characters. They were
some of the most real, honest characters I have seen in a romance. They were
flawed, imperfect and realistic. And so easy to relate to, I kept flipping the
pages effortlessly.
I loved Jess & Austin’s story. The healing and growing
up that happened in both their lives, it was beautiful and so inspiring. Plus,
the plot kept intrigue and suspense mounting until the climax, which I didn’t
see coming.
The one character I didn’t understand was Harrison. From the
back of the book, I expected him to be a much bigger part of the story and add
to the plot a bit more.
I loved this book, and still find myself in awe of the
feeling of “real-ness” to it. It rang true in so many ways, and a story like
that is truly a privilege to read.
Written as a part of
the Bethany House Review program
Tried and True
by Mary Connealy
This book drew me in right away! Kylie’s determination and
spunk was loveable, and her counter-part, Aaron Masterson was a dream, in all
sense of the word. Their relationship was really fun to read about. All
characters in this book were amazing, and I couldn’t help but fall in love with
them. I especially enjoyed Kylie’s hilarious sisters, Tucker and Sunrise. I
could easily tell where the next book in the series was picking up by the
storyline and I was excited to read it! Those crazy Wilde sisters are so
intriguing!
That being said, I kind of lost interest halfway through,
when the plot between Gage Coulter became resolved much earlier than I had
thought. I had expected that to be the climax, but I continued reading, and the
tension did pick up again, but after my expectations in the beginning, it was a
bit less than I had hoped for in the ending.
BUT overall it was a wonderful book, so encouraging and
charming. And wonderful, wonderful writing! I can’t wait to dive into the next
Wilde at Heart book.
Written as a part of the Bethany House Review program
No comments:
Post a Comment