Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Leah's Quilt


This past week I finally finished Leah's quilt!! It turned out very pretty! Leah LOVES it and can't wait to use it on her new "big girl bed" Dad is building for her. (a Twin Bed) Very fun!

I finished it just in time for both girls to come down with the flu over the weekend. Yes it was a LONG weekend!!! Finally today they are 100% again, and I tackle cleaning germs after a weekend of sick kids. :) But I am so happy they are well!

Leah, with her quilt just after I finished tying it

Completed! Extra Long twin size.. about 66x96
Edging up close

I also used a flannel patterned sheet for the backing.. it is so cute!

2 comments:

LS said...

You amaze me! I don't think I could ever sew geometric things! Hopefully this will be an heirloom that she will treasure all of her life!
Hope you all recover. Sounds like everyone in Mn has had the flu!

Spring Lela Kane said...

Wow! I LOVe the quilt! The colors are beautiful combined. I'm so jealous. I would love to learn to quilt! Props to you and what lucky daughters you have to receive something I'm sure they'll always treasure!