I just made the most AMAZING Indian Curry last night for dinner! It was so good and smelled amazing in the house! I loved the mix of ethnic spice and flavor. Plus, Josh and Leah liked it! Great! What a fun way to experiment with making ethnic foods at home! I will definately make this again!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
East Indian Curry
3 Chicken breasts (cut into bite size pieces)
2 tablespoons margarine
2 medium onions, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
4 bay leaves
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
2 medium onions, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
4 bay leaves
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1 can of diced tomatoes with juice (14.5oz)
1 tablespoon salt
3 tablespoons curry powder
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon salt
3 tablespoons curry powder
1 tablespoon paprika
Directions
1)Brown chicken in a non-stick skillet, using a little canola oil. Remove to paper towels and drain. Discard oil, retaining any browned bits of the chicken.
2)Heat the 2 TB margarine in the same skillet. Add onions and garlic and saute until browned.
3)Add bay leaves, cinnamon and cloves. Cook, covered, for 5 minutes.
4)Add remaining ingredients to skillet and stir frequently.
5Return the chicken to the skillet and spoon the spicy sauce over it. Cover tightly and cook over medium heat until tender.
Serve over rice. ENJOY!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2 comments:
I was just scanning your last few posts...what a beautiful quilt! I am not talented domestically but I like to surround myself with people that are!
My dad makes curry for us quite often. It is so yummy! Although a little different from the recipe you have listed. There are potatoes and chick peas in his...omit the tomatoes. So good!! He makes it with chicken, and shrimp. When we go to trinidad they have it often with lamb. YUMMM!!
Post a Comment