Friday, December 21, 2007

My Sewing Projects!

I decided today, looking like a rather quiet day, would be a great day to tackle some summer '08 sewing for Leah. I got two pairs of pantaloons done, and even sewed her a new apron!! (This will save on her dresses wearing so fast!) They were very easy to make, and I just love the patterns! I bought them from some friends of mine, who make and sell modest clothing. :)

The patterns I used are "Jewel's Apron" and "Girl's Pantaloons"
I can't wait to see Leah running around wearing her new things next summer!

Then for a fun Christmas gift idea, earlier in the month, I designed and made a bunch of Hand-Quilted Potholders!! They were so easy and quick to make, plus they make wonderful gifts.. especially for Grandmas! I whipped out about 6 in a week's time! I liked having something to sew by hand while watching a movie or resting. :) It was great fun!



2 comments:

LS said...

Wow Laura! I can't believe how talented you are with sewing stuff. Leah's new clothes look so cute and I want to know how to do those potholders. Can you give me a step-by-step description of what you did to make them? I also noticed you both wearing matching Christmas dresses. Did you make those?

Our Home to Yours said...

Yeah, I did make the dresses! My first attempt to copy my mom.. as kids we had new matching family outfits every Cmas.. the guys had vests and the girls had dresses. I ran out of material for Josh to have a vest this time! (Next time!) Yeah! I can send you a potholder kit.. it's easier than sending instructions.. :) These are very easy.. I basically just made them up.. it;s just a quilt square with material on the other side, stuffed and sewed. :) Glad you like them.