Ever have a child who has had Pinkeye? Ever had it yourself?
This has been my week so far.. my Loooong 3 days of it anyway!
Monday night, Leah was extra crabby and fussy, plus her eyes were weepy and kind of swollen. I didn't notice any redness at the time, and had a Dog Obedience class to go to with our puppy, Teddy. So I left her with Daddy, and the two of them had fun movie time together. When I got back, Josh told me she had Pinkeye. I had never had contact with this before, so he said she HAD to go into the Urgent Care tomorrow and get prescription eyedrops.
Well, there goes my quiet week, I thought! But nevertheless, I packed her up early the next morning and sure enough, after an hour waiting in the clinic (I HATE waiting when it's flu season) she got in and got her prescription.
However, someone failed to mention to me how contagious Pinkeye really is!! I contracted it that night in both eyes, and it was kind of painful!! Your eye is swollen, weepy and sore, and all you want to do is rub it! Not too fun... especially when you have a crabby toddler with the same problem. Answer? Dad to the Rescue!!! Josh came home from work and stayed up with a fussy Leah 'til midnight last night, as she couldn't sleep, allowing me to get some MUCH needed rest and re-coop in bed!! I was so thankful!!!!
So today, both of us are MUCH better and using the eyedrops has helped so much, pretty much no pain and soreness!! Thank the Lord for medicine!! I am looking forward to staying home now, and re-cooping, plus getting my chores done I had to set aside :)
1 comment:
We have had LOTS of pinkeye around here in the last year. I finally asked the doc what is causing all of it and he said that when little ones have a cold and rub their nose with their hands and then their eyes (spreading snot to the eyes) it can cause it. My kids do this ALL the time and since they often have colds pink eye often follows. I have tried to be careful about keeping their hands washed and training them not to wipe their nose with their hands. Also, with the last bout we decided to try the homeopathic stuff, it's a bottle sold in drugstores called, "Pink Eye Relief" Simalason brand. It worked for all of us and the pink eye was soon gone for only $11!
Post a Comment