I just LOVE Christmas time of year.. especially when I get to bake LOTS of fun, yummy treats!
I've been doing a lot of that this past week, freezing some for our week of Christmas. (On Dec 25th I'll take every kind of cookie I've made all month out, and we have a BIG cookie feast!) So fun! I just love baking.. :)
I found this recipe in a "Family Fun" Magazine.. and it looked just scrumptious!! I decided to try it with my holiday baking yesterday, and let me tell you, these cookies are just little chocolate jewels!!! They're advertisted as a cookie/brownie hybrid! Talk about yummy!
Here is the recipe so you all can try them too!
_______________________________________________________
Chocolate Crinkles
3/4 Cup Butter, melted
1/2 Cup unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 Cup White Sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 Cups flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp salt
6 oz mini semi-sweet choc chips (I just used regular, and mashed em'.. lol)
3/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
__________________________________________________________
In large bowl, mix together butter, cocoa, and w.sugar. Whisk in eggs and vanilla.
In another bowl, mix in flour, B.powder, B.soda, and salt. Use spoon to add dry ingredients spoon-by-spoon into wet ingredients. (The key is to slowly add it in) When mixed, stir in chips.
Refrigerate dough for 2 hours.
Form dough into 1 inch balls, and roll in Powdered Sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake cookies at 350 for 10 minutes. Let cookies cool on sheets for 5 minutes, then move to wire racks to cool. Makes 4 Dozen Crinkles. :)
2 comments:
I am sooo totally going to try these! I've been starting (or rather thinking about starting) my christmas cookie baking as well. So far, I've only made Blake's favorite cookies, which aren't christmas cookies at all. They are just peanutbutter cookies with chocolate and butterscotch chips and coconut in them. He loves them. I will tell you how your recipe turns out!
Haha.. yeah Josh's favorite Cmas cookie aren't really Christmas cookies either, his faves are Peanut Butter cookies with chocolate stars in the middle. Mmm! I just finished those too.. yum! I don't think cookies have to be only for cmas! :)
Post a Comment