Wednesday, April 29, 2009

GA Vacation - Aquarium & Centennial Olympic Park

We spent a whole day visiting the Georgia Aquarium and Centennial Olympic Park while we were in GA, and it was such a fun day! (Probably my favorite day) Jane, Rachel & Barbara came with, and we met up with Uncle Mark. It was a great day! We all had a blast!
Getting a private tour of the Aquarium, thanks to Uncle Mark!

One of the four Whale Sharks.. HUGE!
Bekah was THRILLED!

Auntie Barbara and Leah

Our Family at the Coral Reef Exhibit.. pretty!

Me touching a Sting Ray

I LOVE this shot I took of Bekah.. I call it "Wonder" :)

Bekah kept trying to touch the fish through the glass.. it was so cute!

The HUGE viewing room.. to the world's largest aquarium!

Our "Beluga" video

Uncle Mark, General Manager at the Centennial Oylmpic Park in downtown Atlanta, gives us a private tour of the park!
Leah adapted to the weather like a true Georgian.. "I'm Cold!" (It was 74 degrees out!)
Flags circling the pavillion, one representing every country that hosted the Olympics

The Fountain of Rings (The Olympic Rings!)
The Fountain Water Show clip! Mark gave us a special show which included all 9 songs, and it was SO great! Leah especially loved it, as you can see her dancing on the video! It was so neat to see the fountain timed with the music! Very cool!

The Flag of Nations Sculpture (I think it was called)
One flag for every country represented at the Olympics

Josh's family's bricks on the park walkway
Uncle Mark and his buddy Leah

1 comment:

Laura said...

I was at the Centennial Olympic Park when I was in Atlanta last October for a conference. We walked up there from downtown after the last speaker and got there just as the music was ending.... :( at least we saw the fountains. :) Very cool!