Friday, October 31, 2008

HOMEOWNERS!!!!!!!!!!

We are officially Homeowners!!!

As of this past Tuesday, we (finally) closed on my parent's house, and transferred everything into our name, dotted our I's and crossed our T's and signed our names about 27 times! And it is all sooooooo worth it! I am just SO excited to finally be done with all of that!

This house deal has been a LOOOOONG uphill process, and furthermore cementing the fact in my mind that business among family can be "messy" and "drawn-out" But I am sooo thankful to finally own our own house and land! It is a real blessing! YAAAAAY!

Where did my parents move, you may ask? Their (new) house will be built next door to us, starting after the New Year. They are digging the basement now and making sure it is all ready for the winter set before the ground freezes. :) We are very excited about that, but it will be to at least February before we are seperate households again. Oh Well! I am just EXTREMELY thankful for our house! (so fun to say! OUR House!)

4 comments:

Chris, Tasha, Dawson & Lainey said...

Congratulations Laura! I remember the day we bought our first house , I was so nervous! But God provided...even when we were looking, we fell in love with the first house we saw, did look at others, but everything fell exactly into place, then we did some cosmetic work to it, put it up after only a year and a half, and made a very large profit. Then found another house that we fell in love with...we have been there for 3 1/2 years already! Crazy how quickly the time goes! Your house looks lovely, and yes, nice to call it your own :-)

S. and Company said...

Congratulations! The house is beautiful!! Very happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!
That is so exciting for you guys! I can only imagine your joy! What a neat way for God to provide for you.
Oh, if you are still interested in the pampers size 2/3 diapers like the last ones you got from me I do have some more and they aren't going to work for Levi. I was holding out to see if he was still going to get the rash and he has so I can get rid of them. Just let me know. I think I have like 75 of them at least.

LS said...

Congrats! I know you will be very happy there and it will be nice to have your own space again when your folks move out but nice to have them close too! =)