Friday, January 25, 2008

Day in the Life of a Homemaker

Here is how a typical day for me will go:

__________________________________________________________

7:30 wake up, realize Leah has been up for a while in her crib singing happily! (cute)

8:00 Breakfast with Leah, cold cereal is her favorite!
(While she is eating cereal I grind some fresh whole wheat flour and then mix up a triple batch of pancakes and cook them all up, freezing most for later in the week! Nice treat!)

I then give Leah three pancakes in addition to her cereal, which she eats all up! (Amazing!)
(While she is eating, I am cleaning up the kitchen, eating breakfast myself, and putting away dishes.)

9:00 Time for Leah's "Bob and Larry" time! Leah watches a Veggie Tales DVD in playroom, while I get dressesd, straighten/tidy up our room, Leah's room and the bathroom. I also get 2 loads of laundry ready to be taken downstairs to get done.

9:30 Leah's movie is done, time to play together! We read books, listen to our bible song cds, play with blocks, work on learning to count to 10 (she can do it, she just gets stuck on 4!) and lots of other fun stuff.

10:30 Snack time! Leah gets crackers, raisins and milk for snack, while I get my chicken/rice dish all set up and in the fridge for dinner, tonight and cut up some steak pieces and marinate them for dinner tomorrow. I also start my loads of laundry. Plus maybe sneak in a snack too! :)

11:00 Back to playing.. Leah is content to just play alone, so I get to catch up on some other things.. (phone calls, etc) Leah cleans up playroom right before we go down for..

12:00 Lunch! Leah gets leftover chicken and "green bombs" (Peas) for lunch, while I make a sandwich and have leftovers. Chat with my Mom about plans for today. Clean up lunch mess.

12:30 Leah's nap time.. during which I finish my laundry, fold it and put it away. I also get to organize my desk, which feels so good! Honestly, I throw half of the papers that have been accumulating away! Do some computer stuff, then realize I feel tired, so I sneak in a short movie while resting on the couch!

4:00 Leah gets up, (late sleeper today) and we play upstairs and/or downstairs. Trying to keep her happy until Daddy gets home.. (she can never be patient!)

5:00 Put dinner in oven, have crabby kid on my hands, so I put in another Veggie Tales to tide her over until Dad gets home!

5:30 We play in the kitchen while I set the table and dinner cooks, Leah colors and plays with playdough at the table, I get ready for dinner.

6:00 Dad and Grandpa are home and ready for dinner!!! Leah is exstatic, and starving!!
spend evening with family.
_______________________________________________________________

Just one of many typical days for me.. :) Thought it'd be fun to give you a peek into my life.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Wow, that's a long nap! Does she always sleep that long?

Our Home to Yours said...

Nope, just yesterday! usually it's until 2:30-3:30.. depending on how wore out she is!