Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Staying Home & News

Abigail is doing well and growing so fast!

At her 3 week apt. yesterday, she was up to 6 lbs 9 oz, which is only 6 oz above her birth weight. Good, but not good enough. We will start supplementing 2-3 feedings of breastmilk a day with Neosure.. a premie formula fortifier to help add extra calories. Hopefully that will start her gaining faster!

In other news, I was told by my Dr. that I am not eating enough! I am already down to pre-pregnancy weight, and was eating well, (I thought) but according to her, the reason Abigail is not gaining could be due to the fact that I am not eating enough, hence not making enough or nutritious enough milk. I had never heard of this problem before.. (has anyone?) and so I am eating meat & potatoes and all kinds of higher calorie foods like that to help maintain a good milk supply and healthy diet. But what a weird problem to have! :)

The girls are doing so well with Abigail.. no jealousy! They actually would smother her to death with love! It is so sweet! They love giving her kisses and enjoy getting to see her all the time!

Also, cabin fever is just starting to set in for me, especially. Having a premie means being on "Premie Watch" as I call it. Basically not leaving the house with the baby and going anywhere she could be exposed to anything. ie: House arrest! ;) haha
But it does help her immune system, as it is so undeveloped as a premie, she would catch anything if exposed. So it does make sense, it is just hard to be stuck at home sometimes! But she should be well enough to travel soon.. probably around the first part of December. :) We just have to make sure she is big enough and healthy enough. :)
So then we can go back to church, and I can actually do my own shopping for once!!!! Yay!

I'll leave you with a pic of my three beautiful girls! So enjoying all of them!


Leah, Rebekah & Abigail


Abigail sleeps so much, I often "rest" with her! Such a peaceful face!

No comments: