Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Quick Pregnancy Update: 28 Weeks!

We made it to 28 WEEKS! YES!

For those of you who have never had a premature baby, 28 weeks is a very good age for survival without difficulty and problems (in future) for a premie!
Although getting farther along is better! ;)

Stats:

Baby Girl is doing well!
Heartbeat right around 130-140 depending on my acitivity :)
Weight gain is up to 16 lbs, but still great!
Baby likes to lay transverse, and still is active, but nicely so

Our Dr and I decided to continue with the progesterone shots, as they seem to be working well! Our goal now is to get to 36 weeks!
I also had a Fetal Fibronectin test done, which is a chemical present in your cervix if you will be delivering in the next 2 weeks or so. If the test is positive, I will be getting Beta-Methazone shots to develop the lungs faster. This week the test was negative, which is great!
I also got my cervical length, which is right around 4.5, and our Dr was very happy it was so thick!

So, all in all, it looks great for a smooth, healthy (hopefully term) delivery for our new little one!


No comments: