Friday, August 27, 2010

Pregnancy Update: 26 weeks

It's been a while since I updated about our beautiful Baby Girl #3 :)

At 26 weeks:

I am up to 12 lbs weight gain (Very good!)

Measuring right on at 26 inches, (although I feel HUGE already, due to the fact she likes to lay transverse and it's a 3rd pregnancy!)

Baby is about 2 1/2 lbs and heartbeat is strong, she is an active girl, but very sweet to me still.. not too "poky"

At 22 weeks I made a decision with my Doctor to start Progesterone shots as a way to keep my hormone levels up to avoid another pre-term delivery until we reach a viable age. (28 weeks)
So every week I go in and get a simple shot, but it is a safe way to ensure this Baby stays in until she is ready! One of the side effects of the shots is possible weight gain, so we are monitoring my weight very carefully, as I tend to have bigger babies anyway, and extra weight gain is NOT a good idea. So far it has been beyond perfect! I think it is due to the fact that I am pregnant during summer, and can be active and eat LOTS of fresh garden produce for much cheaper than I could in winter with my previous pregnancies!

Baby has been very active as of late, and loves to lay transverse, which I am so thankful for! It makes carrying a lot more comfortable, and NO rib kicking!!! ;) Plus you can see her kicks as well as feel them now, which is great fun!

Pregnancy is going very well as we head into the 3rd trimester! Will update you after 28 weeks!


1 comment:

Sarah said...

So excited for you guys Laura! Glad to hear everything is going well! Thanks again for all the produce! I have made lots of baby food out of it!