My sewing projects for the week consisted of a skirt for myself and PJ pants for Josh. I am loving the time I get to sew (naptime) and so I decided to keep going!
I started on Bekah's quilt squares this afternoon and got a great start on them. I love the material for each of the squares.. Leah has beautiful purples and Bekah has pretty pinks. (When they were born they each had a special "color" that best descibed them.. that's why I chose them)
I have yet to finish all of Leah's squares due to the fact that I have run out of the lightest color fabric and can no longer find it in any store. If you have seen it somewhere, let me know! I only have maybe 5 squares left on hers to make. Then I can start adding the borders and background fabric. FUN!
I found Bekah's square pattern online and Leah's in a quilting book. I am quite partial to the "star" patterns as you can see, and wanted them to somewhat match, yet to be different too.
I am so excited to be doing this for the girls.. it will match beautifully in the room they will share someday soon! Plus it will be a special heirloom for passing on.. :)
NOTE: I am NOT a quilting professional! This is my first ever attempt at quilting, and it is proving pretty easy so far! My sister is the master, and is tutoring me! :) If I can do it anyone can!
Leah's Square: "The Ohio Star" 12 inch
Bekah's square: "The Hope of Hartford" 10 inch
No comments:
Post a Comment