Monday, December 8, 2008

School Report from a Proud Mommy!


I am so proud of my Leah! Over the past few weeks of school she has been learning sooooo much! Just this morning we did a review of all we have learned, and so far she has grasped:

Knowing & Recognizing Letters A-G (and the sounds they make!)
Knowing & Recognizing Numbers 1-9 and able to count objects that many as well! (We are still working on double digit numbers.. its a hard concept)
Knowing & Recognizing Basic Shapes (Triangle, Circle, Square etc)
Knowing & Recognizing all her "rainbow colors" (Red, Orange, Yellow, etc..)

Plus her Bible story knowledge continues to expand! In the last week alone, we have grasped the story of Jesus's birth, the shepherds & wisemen's visit, Anna & Simeon and boy Jesus at the temple.

She is amazing!!! I had no idea a 2 1/2 year old could grasp so much at this age! What a great opportunity I have to be teaching her all these things so early on! A lot of kids won't learn these things until Kindergarten! What a blessing to teach her at home!

1 comment:

RuthMarie said...

What type of resources are you using to teach her. My first son is almost 22 months and I really need to start doing more than puzzles and coloring with him, but don't know where to begin. Any advice you could offer would be great.
~RuthMarie