Has anyone out there ever moved before? I'm sure most of you have... and hate it as I do! I never knew how much junk you can accumulate over a brief period!!! and Boxes, Boxes, Boxes everywhere! Everything is a disaster zone, and mice are over-populating your house faster than you can trap them! This has been week #3 for me, of our Moving Adventure.
But maybe I lost some of you... let me back up. We are officially MOVING!
As of November 1st, we will be living out in the country!!! We're moving in with my parents for the winter, in their big blue "hotel" as they call it.. a 5BR 3BA Farmhouse.. which in the spring will be officially OURS, as we are purchasing it! My parents are building a smaller house next door.. (Their "retirement house" as they call it) so we will be homeowners.. and land-owners.. with 20 acres!!!!!! We are so very excited, and I especially can't wait to start hobby farming. (I need to post a blog just for my dreams of farming, gardening, and landscaping!)
My parents graciously asked us to move in with them this winter, which will almost triple our heating savings as opposed to staying in the house we are now. So, when spring comes, we will have a great down payment put away for our house payment! :) So great!
So, we're moving our whole entire household of stuff out to the country, and will be getting 3 bedrooms of the upstairs for us. (One for us, Leah, and a nice sitting room/living room area) So privacy won't be such a hard thing, but it will be an adjustment! Sharing kitchen space with my mom, storage space with my dad, and lots of other things. But we're all very excited and I think it will work out very nice. Another huge plus about moving is Leah LOVES it out on the farm.. so much she cries when we have to leave.
We also have gotten a 4 month old puppy!!! Another great reason to move out! His name is Teddy, and he is a purebred Golden from my parents' dogs. He was the runt of the litter, and never sold.. I have no idea why, he is the sweetest, most loveable dog! Leah and him have so much fun together, when he isn't over-licking her! (I'll post pictures of him soon)
So all in one month so much can happen! :) Moving has been an adventure... but not so much as the mice have been lately. Yuck... I hate mice! They are over-taking our entire house... and forcing me to be extra-cleanly while in the midst of moving... when my house is a disaster area!!! They come up on the counters and eat food I leave there... (Like one night my biscuits... which WERE covered!) Josh has been very diligent in trapping them.. in about 1 1/2 weeks we've gotten about 11! Isn't that just creepy???? So.. at least we leave that problem behind us. :)
All in all, moving is hard work. Our final move in weekend is next weekend, and then we will be out of our little house forever. It seems so sad to leave.. this was our first house together, and Leah's only memory of home. But what a great opportunity to live out in the country, in a HUGE house on a farm! :) We're excited! Plus with the new baby coming in May, we will need the extra room! :) and that is our life so far... will keep you updated and post pictures after our move! :)
3 comments:
Ok, gross on the mice! Yuck!
I am glad that you will be getting to live at your parents, it should save you lots of money! How fun to have your parents live right next door.
Good luck as you continue to get things moved! I have always enjoyed moving...It is exciting (once the work is mostly done)
The mice thing creeps me out since they are my #1 phobia and I've been in a house like that before! Ick!
I hope the move goes very smoothly for you and that you have a great winter living with your folks and getting ready to buy. Congratulations on this awesome, exciting step in your lives. Moving can be fun, but it's also very hard and takes a bit of grieving too.
We moved when Ali was 17 months old and she got into and tried to unpack everything!
Hi! I just came across your blog, and I wanted to let you know about a giveaway I'm hosting. I actually host a new giveaway every week for some great American made products. Come check it out when you get the time! Thank you!
Post a Comment