Thursday, July 26, 2007

July is almost gone!!!

It seems our summer is going by so fast.. it's hard to keep up! I haven't blogged for a while, but our family is doing great! Enjoying summer and going swimming a lot this week, as it's been in the 90's most of the time! Arggghhhh! (Too hot for me)
We've been keeping up with our garden this year.. lots of tomatoes, corn and beans. They're all doing well, even though our corn is still rather small! (I'm sure this heat will help it!)
Josh has been busy with work and keeping busy doing odd jobs also! Jonathan is having fun working with the guys, and is getting lots of knowledge about carpentry!! And me, well, I've been busy lately with canning jams and jellies but now that is done, so I have a nice break before it's time to start canning garden produce! :)
Leah is doing so good, just growing like a weed! I really should measure/weigh her, she is just such a little girl now! Lost a lot of her baby-ness. (sad I know!)
We discovered a few weeks back that Leah is allergic to tomatoes! She had been having this awful rash on her face, and we didn't know what it was from. Thankfully it has gone away after taking away all tomatoes. Which is really sad for her, becuase her favorite food was spagetti, and alfredo sauce just isn't as tasty to her.
Hope you are all having a great summer also! Keeping busy and staying cool! :)
Here are some fun pics from weeks past.

Swimming at Long Lake

Leah ADORES her little floaty and also loves playing with the puppy!

Leah trying on Grandpa's headphones!


2 comments:

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

What a bummer about the tomatoes! Maybe she'll grow out of this allergy before long!

Rebecca said...

I just recently discovered that people could be allergic to tomatoes. I never knew it before. My doctor said it's, in fact, a very common allergy. My hubby's neice used to be allergic to almost everything, but she grew out of it. She's 9 now. Maybe Leah will too!